Monday, September 10, 2007

Loud, Hysterical, Incoherent and Shrill

I’ve been watching the Petraeus/Crocker Report on C-SPAN.

As General Petraeus concluded his remarks several protesters erupted in the back of the hearing room. I was struck by their apparent hysteria and loud incoherence. Do these people have no idea how idiotic they look by resorting to these tactics of disruption and anarchy? They do themselves and their cause a disservice by resorting to this kind of thing because it makes them look buffoonish and moronic. Apparently, that’s not obvious to them, but it is to me. If I was a Code Pinker or a MoveOn.org sympathizer, I’d be embarrassed. What a bunch of goofballs.

Understand, I’m not upset by the fact that these people are dissenting. What I object to is the manner of their dissent. The only thing that can be said for it is that it’s at least non-violent. But it’s clearly shrill and idiotic.

No comments: