Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Life Goes On at the Wetlands Preserve

A couple of weeks ago I drove out to the Utah Lake Wetlands Preserve to see if there was anything interesting going on. I saw a couple of pairs of Canada geese with their goslings. Look hard, you can see them.

There are four goslings in this picture. Yeah, really.


I couldn't tell you what kind of bird this is. It's larger than a snowy egret and makes a noise that sounds exactly like a dog barking. I'm not kidding. I call it a barking bird. What would you call it?

Here are three snowy egrets slinking away.


Here's a precocious goldfinch who perched on a nearby fencepost and dared me to photograph him.


He got a little nervous when he saw me watching him.


Then he got a little huffy, like "Hey, are you looking at me?!"

No comments: